It should be obvious that the cannabis prohibition is not made to protect the people from a supposed dangerous plant.
The reasons are more complex and political nature with political interests. More infos about that in The History of Marijuana Prohibition .
If we only look at the facts that never in history did someone die because of the use of weed.
And in comparison to that, the annual number of death from the legal drugs.
We are talking about long-term consumption with damage on health and deadly end and direct fatal consequence as an overdose.
Just because of the simple reason that natural cannabis products are non toxic. That means that it is nearly impossible to get a fatal overdose from marihuana and other cannabis products. Suffice it not just to say why Is weed bad for you!
But of course, there is a negative Site or Cons in cannabis usage too. It’s like anything. It need to be used with consciousness and knowledge.
So what are the Pros and Cons of Marijuana Use?
There are many different strains of cannabis with varying concentration of cannabinoids.
The Concentration and proportion between the different cannabinoids have heavy impact on the operation, use and tolerability.
So lets take a look of the pros and cons of cannabis usage.
Pros of Marijuana use:
The medical use and health benefits are quite huge.
- Help to treat Glaucoma
- Help reverse the carcinogenic effects of tobacco and improve lung health
- It can help control epileptic seizures
- Decreases the symptoms of a severe seizure disorder known as Dravet’s Syndrome
- A chemical found in marijuana called CBD stops cancer from spreading
- THC one of the main ingredient may cure cancer respectively reduces cancer cells (For example: Rick Simpson Oil)
- It may decrease anxiety (it can also have the opposite effect) See also cons!
- THC slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
- Marijuana eases the pain of multiple sclerosis
- Help at many different types of muscle spasms
- Cannabis treats inflammatory bowel diseases
- Relieves arthritis discomfort
- Keeps you skinny and helps your metabolism
- Improves the symptoms of Lupus, an autoimmune disorder
- Marijuana spurs creativity in the brain
- Cannabis might be able to help with Crohn’s disease
- Weed soothes tremors for people with Parkinson’s disease
- Marijuana helps veterans suffering from PTSD
- Cannabis protects the brain after a stroke
- It might protect the brain from concussions and trauma
- It can help eliminate nightmares
- Weed reduces some of the awful pain and nausea from chemo, and stimulates appetite
- Cannabis can help people trying to cut back on drinking
- Cannabinoids activate braincells growth
- It may help at shizophrenia (it can also have the opposite effect) See also cons!
- My personal experience with epilepsia. It not only prevents for epileptic seizures. It also reduces the aura of upcoming seizures and the cause of epileptic seizures
The most known treated disorders are:
- Antibiotic-resistant infections
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Anxiety attacks
- Vascular and muscle relaxing
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Chronic pain
Beneficial effects of CBD Cannabidol when used for:
- Pain relief
- Suppressing appetite
- Reducing vomiting & nausea
- Reducing contractions in small intestine
- Relieves anxiety
- Tranquilizing, used to manage psychoses
- Reduce seizures and convulsions
- Suppresses muscle spasms
- Increases efficacy of the immune system
- Reduces blood sugar levels
- Reduces nervous system degeneration
- Treats psoriasis
- Reduces risk of artery blockage
- Kills or slows bacterial growth
- Treats fungal infection
- Inhibits cell growth in tumors/cancer cells
- Promotes bone growth
- Promotes brain tissue growth in alcoholism
- Reduces nicotine craving
It is used as medicine because of its effects in the brain and body.
It could help you but used unconsidered and unconditional could cause troubles.
- It may increase anxiety. Depends on the quality of weed, the preposition of the consumer and social environment
- In some cases it can cause Schizophrenia (If the user is not used to it and the variety has a too high concentration of THC. CBD works against Schizophrenia and decrease it)
- Depression (It may cause it also because of the preposition of the user and a lot of other reasons. But as stated in pros it also can help for depression.)
- Psychosis (In very few cases, experts believe the cause of psychosis to take in conjunction with marijuana, but only as a trigger which already slumbered in the affected.
- It may temporarily affect the Short-term memory
- Social behavior because of expanding consciousness (This is a relatively perspective. For some is good, for others bad) The conservative public concerns may have problems with different acting people. That may cause trouble in reflection of the user.
- Paranoia – Not simply caused from the effects of marijuana. It is the combination of doing something forbidden by law and smoking weed.
- Increased Appetite (That could be good or bad, depending on life situation or preposition of the consumer)
- In terms of addiction cannabis is one of the least dangerous drugs and in the most experts talk about, that cannabis is non-addictive. Not body addictive, but mentally depend. Be careful with this statement. In comparison to alcohol, cigarette, heroin and other opiates, weed is harmless. But heavy usage could cause mental addiction.
This should give you a quick but characteristic overview of the pros and cons of cannabis use. As you can see there are a lot of benefits of marijuana. But of course there is a cons side too. Compared to the legal medical drugs and alcohol and cigarettes, marijuana has much more benefits . And the bad effects of weed are much less.
But always use it with respect, knowledge and responsibility .
Learn more about: